What we do
We support women and youth.
- ADVANCING HUMAN RIGHTS AWARENESS AND EDUCATION
- CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION
- ADVANCING COMMUNITY CAPACITY BUILDING
- PROMOTING BETTER USE OF COMMUNITY NATURAL RESOURCES
- WOMEN EMPOWERMENT AND RIGHTS OF THE GIRL-CHILD
- END FGM AND CHILD, EARLY AND FORCED MARRIAGES
- ADVANCING PEACE BUILDING AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
Our Recent Projects
CAPACITY BUILDING TRAINING AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT
For the last three weeks (25th August to 11th September) BWYO has been conducting capacity building trainings and needs assessment among the indigenous community of Baringo South_ the Ilchamus. Currently this community is residing on well-wishers donated tents and a few of them on parcels of lands donated by relatives and friends after the floods of Lake Baringo uprooted them over time, climax being 2020 when several villages, farm lands and pastures submerged.
We were also involved in assessment of vulnerability of the group to effects of climate change and their level of preparedness for such disasters in the future.